The AMD_AGS_X64 DLL is a vital library that AMD applications and drivers use. If you are receiving a missing AMD_AGS_X64 DLL error, then this means that the file is missing or has become corrupted.
In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on downloading and fixing the AMD_AGS_X64 DLL missing error. We will also see what AMD_AGS_X64 DLL is, its location, and the file corruption’s causes.
What is AMD_AGS_X64 DLL?
AMD_AGS_X64 DLL is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file developed by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. This file is associated with the AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) driver and functions to provide additional functions and features for AMD graphics cards.
When using a program on your computer system, the computer sometimes uses a file known as amd_ags_x64.dll. This very DLL file houses essential instructions and commands that the program requires to function correctly.
Where is the file AMD_AGS_X64 DLL?
Once you launch a program dependent on this library, the PC will look for the DLL file in two locations. The first location it will check is the folder where the program was installed on the PC. The second location is the system folder on your PC named System32 and/or SysWOW64.
When the computer cannot find the amd_ags_x64.dll file in both locations, an error message may notify you that the file is missing. The error message may look like amd_ags_x64.dll Not Found. This can lead to either a program malfunction or that it should not even start at all.
What do I do if AMD_AGS_X64 DLL is missing?
1. Run an SFC scan
- Hold the Windows and S buttons on your keyboard simultaneously, type cmd into the search field, and open the Command Prompt app.
- Once the window opens, enter the code below and tap Enter:
- Restart PC as soon as the scanning process is complete.
2. Update drivers
- Press Windows + I keys together and start the Settings window or use the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
- Then, click on the Windows Update option on the left pane.
- Under Windows Update, click Advanced Options.
- Next, click on the Optional updates option.
- Finally, select the Driver Updates section and click Download and Install all the available updates.
- Restart your PC when installation is complete.
3. Use DLL repair tools
Chiefly, we recommend that you use the DLL-Helper. DLL-Helper is a software tool designed to assist users in resolving issues caused by missing, damaged, or corrupted DLL files.
We have also talked about some DLL tools previously in our articles. We advise you to check the article out and select any of the dll repair tools we have discussed and make use of it.
4. Manually download and install Amd_ags_x64 DLL
- Firstly, open the DLL download website.
- Then, enter Amd_ags_x64.dll into the search field.
- When the results display, click on the relevant result.
- Under the list of available DLL files, look for the latest and the most suitable ones and click Download.
- Unzip the file and then copy the unzipped file to the program’s directory where the DLL file is missing.
- Or you can move the DLL file to the system directory following the paths below:
- After that, restart the computer.
5. Install the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package
- Launch the download page for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update package in your browser and click the Download button.
- Choose a vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) download option, depending on your PC architecture.
- When the download is complete, open File Explorer by pressing the Windows and E keys together.
- Then open the folder that has Visual C++ that was downloaded.
- Click on the downloaded Visual C++ package to launch the installer.
- Finally, check the I agree checkbox and click the Install button.
What causes DLL corruption?
There are several causes of DLL corruption. Some of them include the following:
- Malware/Viruses: Malware and viruses can corrupt or delete DLL files, resulting in DLL errors. Fixing this with special software tools is possible.
- Outdated Drivers: Out-of-date Drivers can be responsible for one or more DLL errors like amd_ags_x64 DLL errors on red dead redemption 2.
- Registry Errors: Registry errors can cause DLL errors, such as invalid entries or incorrect paths.
- Damaged System Files: Damaged or corrupt system files can cause the DLL error.
- Improper Installation: Incorrectly installing a program can cause the DLL error.
- Windows update: A DLL error can occur after a Windows update.
- DLL parameters: Some users had reported a problem when the parameter entered was incorrect.
- Corrupt or missing DLL files: When AMD_AGS_X64 DLL is missing or corrupt, leading to a DLL error.
In conclusion, the AMD_AGS_X64 DLL missing error can be easily fixed by downloading the appropriate version of the DLL from a reliable source, as shown in the guide, then placing it in the correct folder on your computer.
Additionally, you can use a powerful registry cleaning tool to scan and repair any errors in the registry that could be causing the error. With these steps, you can quickly resolve the AMD_AGS_X64 DLL missing error and get your system running smoothly again.