API MS Win core libraryloader l1 2 1 DLL is a standard error many Windows users face frequently. This error mostly occurs when a program cannot find the necessary DLL files on an operating system.
If you are reading this article, it means that you might also be having this frustrating problem, but do not worry, for this article will explain in detail why this problem occurs and the troubleshooting techniques you can take to fix it.
Why is download api ms win core libraryloader l1 2 1 dll missing?
There are many reasons why you could be facing this error; some of them include the following:
- Damaged or corrupted DLL files – You could be getting this error due to a damaged or corrupted DLL file on your computer.
- Virus infection – You will encounter many system errors, including the DLL is missing error if your device has been infected with a virus.
- Outdated Windows operating system – If your system runs on outdated Windows, you will miss many important system updates, leading to this error.
- Unsupported Windows format – Sometimes, this problem could arise if your Windows version does not support the file. For example, this file does not come with Windows 7 computers, so if you run on Windows 7, you will encounter this problem.
Now that we know some of the major causes of this problem, let us look at some practical ways to solve this issue.
What do I do if I get the api ms win core libraryloader l1 2 1 dll error message ?
1. Install the api ms win core DLL file
- To download api ms win core libraryloader l1 2 1 DLL, go to DLL-FILES.COM.
- Type in api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll in the search box and click the Search DLL file button.
- Select your DLL file from the list of results.
- Go through the file description and click the Download button to begin downloading.
- After downloading and installing the DLL file, check if the problem has been fixed.
2. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++
- Go to the Official Microsoft Visual C++ website to download Visual C++.
- Choose the first link to get the most recent version.
- Click the Download button to begin downloading.
- Choose your Windows bit version by clicking the check box next to the appropriate option, then click the Next button.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your device.
- After installing this file, check if the problem has been resolved.
3. Replace the wimgapi.dll file
- Hold the Windows + E keys simultaneously to launch File Explorer, type or paste C:WindowsSystem32 into the address bar, and hit Enter.
- In the search box, paste wimgapi.dll, then copy the wimgapi.dll file.
- Navigate to C:Windows10upgrade and paste the file into the background area.
- Select Yes in the confirmation menu.
- After this process, check to see if the problem has been fixed.
4. Update your Windows operating system
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open your Settings app, then select Update & Security.
- Click the Windows Update tab and select the Check for updates option.
- This process will automatically update your operating system.
- After the update is complete, restart your computer and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
5. Move the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file
- Hold the Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
- Depending on what bit version your system uses, copy & paste the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file into C:WindowsSysWOW64 if you use a 64-bit version.
- For a 32-bit version system, copy & paste the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file into C:WindowsSystem32.
- Reboot your system and check if the problem persists.
A common example where this solution works is if you have a missing libraryloader l1 2 1 dll Photoshop error. In this case, you must move the DLL file to the Photoshop directory.
In conclusion, the DLL is missing error can easily be fixed by following the steps in this article. The solutions in this article have not been arranged in any particular order, so try as many solutions as possible until you find one that works for you.