Perhaps, you are on your Discord app enjoying quality time with friends and loved ones, or maybe even playing online video games with teammates.
You try to make a voice call or pass instructions to your teammates, but you discover that the Discord audio keeps cutting out. You have tried different methods, but the problem persists, and you are getting frustrated.
If you, like many other PC users, are in this situation, then this article is all you need to fix this problem.
We will investigate the causes of the Discord audio cutting out and offer solutions to fix this problem.
Why Discord audio keeps cutting out?
Before we go into the various methods of resolving this issue, it is a good idea to know some major causes of Discord audio cutting out:
- Outdated or faulty drivers – When audio drivers are faulty or outdated, the audio will start malfunctioning, resulting in Discord audio cutting out.
- Incorrect Windows setting – If you experience this problem, it may result from some Windows settings that need to be changed.
- Unstable internet connection – You could experience this problem due to a poor internet connection.
- Presence of viruses or malware – This problem could occur due to your PC being corrupted.
Although other factors could be affecting the Discord audio, we have gone through the primary causes. Now let us take a look at some of the ways to fix this problem.
How do I fix the audio glitch on Discord?
We recommend checking to see if your PC sound is on mute and increasing the volume if it is low. Rebooting your system is also an excellent step to take, as this will remove glitches and resolve minor issues on your PC.
If these steps do not work, try the solutions listed below.
1. Update Windows 10 audio drivers
- Press Windows + X on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Click the Sound, video and game controllers drop-down arrow to display more options, right-click your audio device, and finally, select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and wait for the operation to finish running.
- After completing this process, verify to see if the problem has been resolved.
2. Change region settings in your Discord application
- In the search box on the lower left corner of your screen, type Discord and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on the arrow found in the app to show more options.
- Choose the Server Settings option.
- In the server region option, select Change and continue with this step until you find an option that works for you.
3. Reinstall Discord application
3.1 Uninstall Discord application
- On your keyboard, click Windows + X and select Apps and Features.
- In the app and feature list, scroll down till you find the Discord app, click on the app, and select Uninstall.
- Follow all instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
3.2 Reinstall Discord application
- Go to discord.com to download the latest version of the application.
- Follow instructions to complete installation.
- Log into your account and verify if the problem has been fixed.
4. Disable every other audio device
- Right-click the audio icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and select Sounds.
- Select the Playback tab, right-click on devices that are inactive, and press Disable.
- Restart your Discord app and check if the audio quality has improved.
5. Update Windows
- Press Windows + I keys on your keyboard and select Updates & Security.
- Click check for updates, this will install updates on your PC if available.
- Reboot your PC and verify if the problem has been fixed.
You will successfully fix your Discord app sound issue with the various steps listed above. Note that these solutions are not listed in any particular order, so it is best to try as many steps as possible until you find one that works for you.
Share some solutions that worked for you in the comment section below.