The Elden Ring connection error occurs when one player is summoned by another player into their gaming world. Because of this error, the players may be unable to be summoned to a boss fight.
In this article, we will see what causes this error and how we can fix it. We will also look into ways to prevent this error’s future occurrence.
Why does it keep saying connection error on Elden Ring?
There are several causes for this error which may range from factors such as:
- Server issues: This server is prone to occur when the server is down or not functioning properly.
- Slow internet connection: The Internet drives everything we do online. Therefore, if it is poor or unstable, it can lead to errors.
- Corrupted DNS cache: When the DNS cache is corrupted, it can lead to Elden Ring connection error when summoned.
- Cross-platform multiplayer mode: When the multiplayer servers are unstable during gameplay, it can lead to the error.
- Used summon sign: When the summon sign has been used previously, it can trigger the error.
We will look into several solutions to rid ourselves of this error.
How do I fix Elden Ring connection error when summoned?
1. Restart the game
- Firstly, press the crtl + shift + esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Under Apps, find Steam clients and Elden Ring.
- To end the task, either right-click on the apps and click on End task in the option or click on the app and click on End task on the bottom-right of the display.
- Finally, relaunch the Steam client on your desktop.
2. Check the internet connection
- If you are using a wireless router, ensure that the Wi-Fi is within range of your computer. The closer your PC is to the internet, the faster the speed.
- When connected, confirm that the signal strength you see is at maximum. It works best that way.
- In addition to the standard 2.4 GHz, dual-band routers support 5 GHz bandwidth, offering a higher Internet speed. If your router is in this category, ensure you connect to the 5GHz network.
3. Do an internet speed test
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Open the internet speed test site.
- Click on the Start Speed Test to begin the internet speed test.
- If the internet speed is over 40Mbps, you are good to go.
4. Activate Voice chat
- Open the game client first and foremost.
- Then, click on Settings.
- After that, click on the Network tab.
- When the Network tab opens, click on the Voice Chat option.
- Finally, set the Voice Chat to Allowed.
5. Activate Cross-Region Play
- Firstly, find Settings inside the game.
- Then, select the Network tab among the different settings.
- Under Network, you should find Cross-Region Play setting that should be set to No Matchmaking.
- Finally, enable the setting for it to summon players from various regions into your gaming world.
6. Update Network Drivers
- Press the Window + X hotkeys to open a Windows 11 shortcut menu.
- Select Device Manager from the Quick Link menu list.
- Afterward, locate and double-click Network Adapters on the device list, right-click on your Internet Network adapters, and select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and allow the process to complete.
- It will automatically install new drivers on your computer if the Windows 11 utility identifies a new driver.
7. Flush DNS cache
- Firstly, press Windows + S keys together, search for command prompt, and click on Run as administrator to open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the code
ipconfig /flushdnsinto the command prompt and press Enter.
- Finally, restart the game.
8. Use a VPN to fix Elden Ring connection error when summoned
- Firstly, press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings window on your PC.
- Click on VPN and select Add a VPN connection concurrently.
- Thirdly, under Add a VPN connection, select Windows (Built-in).
- Then in the Connection name box, type in a name you’ll quickly recognize during connection e.g. My VPN.
- Afterward, in the Server name or address entry, type in the address for the VPN server.
- Under VPN type, choose the type of VPN connection you intend to create accordingly.
- Under Type of sign-in info, select the (or credentials) to use, for example, a username and password, one-time password, certificate, or a smart card if you’re connecting to a VPN for work.
- Then, enter your username and password in the respective boxes (if required).
- Finally, select Save the changes.
9. Use a wired internet to fix Elden Ring connection error when summoned
Occasionally, it is correct that an Ethernet/Wired Connection guarantees you a better download speed than a Wi-Fi connection.
Wired connections comparatively transmit data faster and with little or no less interference. There is also less loss when compared to wireless connections. Wi-Fi connections equally have a slower speed and also slower response time.
10. Toggle airplane mode on and off
- Firstly, click the Action Center icon on the Taskbar or press Windows + A keys together to view the Quick Settings.
- Secondly, click on the Airplane mode icon to enable it to change the tile color to blue.
- Now wait briefly for about one minute and click on it to turn it off again.
In general, fixing the Elden Ring connection error when summoned requires solving issues largely bothering on the internet connection, servers, in-game settings, or cleaning the DNS cache. All these have been detailed in this guide.