Welcome to our article on how to get DirectX 11 for your Windows 10 computer. We know that many computer users are constantly looking for ways to improve many functionalities on their computers, including that which relates to multimedia, especially for games and videos.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of DirectX 11, why you should download it, and how you can successfully download and install DirectX 11 on your computer to begin benefitting from its services.
We have also tackled some issues relating DirectX in previous articles. So you can check them out.
Can I download DirectX 11 for Windows 10?
The short of the long is YES! Windows 10 is compliant totally with DirectX 11 and so DirectX download is possible for Windows 10. DirectX 11 runs on both 32-bits and 64-bit systems
The DirectX package also complies with operating systems such as Windows Server 2008, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, etc.
DirectX 11 also has some exciting features and some of these features include:
- DXGI 1.1: This feature gives both stereoscopic 3D displays support and output duplication.
- DXGI 1.2: This feature prefaces support both for full-screen transitions and output merging.
- DXGI 1.3: This feature also prefaces support for stereo 3D stereo displays and automatic stereo rendering.
- Compute shaders: These feature of DirectX 11 permits the GPU to execute general-purpose computing operations, causing it to be used for things like physics simulations and video decoding.
- Direct2D: This permits the creation of hardware-accelerated 2D graphics.
- Direct3D 11.1: This allows support for both tiled resources and conservative rasterization.
- Direct3D 11.2: This feature supports mutable textures and increases resource binding capabilities.
- Direct3D 11: This gives support to rendering 3D graphics making use of hardware acceleration.
- DirectWrite: This permits the rendering of text using hardware acceleration.
- Hardware tessellation: This permits more comprehensive geometry to be drawn on the screen, leading to more realistic graphics.
- Multithreaded rendering: This permits the GPU to execute several tasks simultaneously, improving performance.
Having seen the exciting features of DirectX 11, we will now see how you can get this package into your PC.
Remember to check out our guide on downloading DirectX for windows 11.
Is My computer compatible with DirectX 11?
The computer will be compatible with DirectX 11 if it falls within the specifications below:
|Operating System||Windows XP Service Pack 2|
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
Windows Server equivalents
Windows Server 2008
How do you get DirectX 11 in Windows 10?
1. Check the DirectX version installed
- Press Windows + S keys simultaneously, enter
dxdiagin the Search box and click Open in the right-hand panel.
- Under the System tab, check the DirectX version.
2. Use the system settings
- Firstly, start the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I together and then click on Update & Security to open it.
- Then, click on Windows Update from the left navigation tab.
- After the page opens, click on the Check for updates button.
- Windows will search for available updates. If it finds one for DirectX 12, download and install it in Windows 11 from the list or click Install now.
- Finally, restart your computer.
3. Download from DirectX download page
- Firstly, navigate to the DirectX download page on your PC.
- Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web on your PC.
- Now, run the downloaded setup to update the DirectX on your PC to the latest version.
- Lastly, click Finish when the setup is done.
- Finally, restart your PC.
In conclusion, getting DirectX 11 for Windows 10 is a significant way to improve your video graphics processing and provide the most advanced and top-notch features available in games for past generations of the Windows OS with the newest version, DirectX 11.
This article provides the most straightforward approaches to downloading the DirectX 11 package.