When you try to launch Adobe applications, you may get an error pop-up prompting you that msvcr110.dll was not found on your windows 10 computer.
This error can have various associative reasons, and you may not know exactly what to do to resolve this issue.
This article explores solutions and gives reasons for the missing msvcr110.dll.
Why is msvcr110 dll missing?
The msvcr110 dll can be missing for several reasons. Because of how important they are for the smooth running of your computer, you have to resolve them before the computer can properly function.
This error may also occur on Windows 11. Some of the causes have been identified. They are highlighted below:
- Adobe applications: When you try to launch any Adobe applications of the 64-bit versions like Photoshop, you may get prompts that msvcr110.dll was not found in your windows 10 computer.
- File removal: The error may also be caused by situations that may mistakenly lead to the removal of the msvcr110 dll file, or it may be corrupted.
- Registry issue: The error may have been caused because of a registry problem in your system.
- Virus or malware: There is equally a chance that there is a possibility of a virus or a hardware failure.
These problems can be solved by some of the solutions we have proffered in this article.
How do I fix msvcr110 dll not found or missing errors on my Windows 10?
1. Do a reinstall of visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio
- Click on the Search icon on the Taskbar.
- Enter control panel in the search box and then click on the Control Panel button.
- Click on Programs and then click Programs and Features.
- Right-click on Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio and click Uninstall to uninstall.
- Download the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
- Lastly, once downloaded, open the set-up file and complete the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
2. Download and install msvcr110.dll in Windows 10
- Click this link to download and install msvcr110.dll.
- Scroll down to the list of different versions and download the appropriate one for your OS.
- After the download is complete, extract the file. Do this by right-clicking on msvcr110.dll and click copy.
- In your file manager, open the Local Disk and the Windows folder. Now navigate to the System32 folder of your computer and paste the file there.
- Locate the Windows folder again and open the SysWOW64 folder and paste msvcr110.dll.
- Now try to run the program.
3. Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system
- Click the Search icon on the Taskbar and then enter defender in the search box.
- Select the shield icon in the left-hand pane. Afterward, in the Advanced scan option in the new window, click and check the Full scan option.
- Then, click the Scan now button to scan the system for malware fully.
Wait patiently for the process to complete to know if there is any virus or malware.
You can also use the anti-virus for increased, added, or trusted scan results. We strongly recommend you do this.
4. Update your OS
- Click the Windows button on your keyboard or the Windows icon on your taskbar and then open Settings.
- When opened, click and select Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update and then click on Check for updates.
- If updates are available, your computer will automatically download them.
- When the download is completed, reboot your PC.
- Check to see if the error appears after the updates.
If msvcr110.dll was not found on Windows 10, these solutions are trusted to fix it. However, since various factors trigger the problem, you should try the most appropriate solution to your case.
To give us feedback, please you can drop a comment below and do not hesitate to do so. We will act on your feedback.