Online gaming has become an increasingly popular pastime in recent years, with millions of players worldwide participating in various games across different platforms. However, a few users have complained of a network error in session on PlayFab.
One common issue players often encounter while playing online games is network errors that disrupt their gameplay experience.
PlayFab is a popular game development platform that provides various services for game developers, including multiplayer features, in-game economy management, and player data management.
If you have encountered this network in session error, read on for the best resolutions.
What is PlayFab network error in session?
PlayFab network error in session is an issue that occurs when the connection between two players or devices on PlayFab’s global server cannot be established due to a problem with either the client-side or server-side of the game.
Some of the most common causes for this error are listed below.
- Poor Internet Connection: If the player’s device or network connection is slow or unstable, it can cause network errors during gameplay sessions.
- Server Overload: If the PlayFab servers are experiencing a high volume of traffic or requests, it can lead to network errors and disrupt gameplay.
- Authentication Issues: If the player’s session authentication fails due to invalid credentials or expired tokens, they may encounter network errors when accessing game features.
- Firewall or Network Restrictions: If the player’s network has strict firewall rules or other network restrictions, it can interfere with their ability to connect to the PlayFab servers and cause network errors.
- Software Conflicts: If the player’s device or game software conflicts with other applications or system settings, it can lead to network errors and gameplay disruptions.
- Outdated Client or Server: If the player’s game client or the PlayFab server is outdated or incompatible, it can cause network errors and prevent players from accessing game features.
Now that we know some of the major causes of the Playfab network error in session, let us look at some troubleshooting methods to fix this issue.
How can I fix PlayFab network error in session?
1. Restart your router
Restarting your router is a standard solution for various network issues, including PlayFab network errors in session. When your router is restarted, it clears its memory and refreshes its settings, which can help resolve any issues caused by network congestion, interference, or other factors.
If you’re experiencing network errors while playing games on PlayFab, restarting your router should be one of the first things you try. If this step does not work, try the following steps below.
2. Change the steam ping limit
- Launch steam on your device, select the steam menu at the top right corner and choose Settings
- Navigate to the In-Game tab, then change the Server Browser Pings / Minute drop-down to under 500.
- We recommend using this troubleshooting method as a temporary workaround because this process can also break some features on other games.
3. Disable VPN
- Hold the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open settings, then choose Network & Internet.
- Choose the VPN category in the left pane.
- On the right-hand side, choose the VPN you want to disconnect.
- Choose Disconnect to disable your VPN.
- Finally, check to see if the problem has been fixed.
4. Temporarily disable Windows Defender Firewall
- Type control in the search bar below and select Control Panel.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the list of options.
- Next, choose the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Then, select the radio buttons next to the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Finally, click the OK button.
5. Verify game files
- Navigate to your steam library, right-click on a game, and choose Properties.
- Then click the LOCAL FILES tab.
- Now, select Verify integrity of game files.
- Try relaunching the game and see if it works.
6. Reinstall your game
Reinstalling your game can be a helpful step in fixing a PlayFab network error in session. When you uninstall and reinstall a game, it clears out any corrupted or outdated files that may be causing the error. This can sometimes resolve issues with PlayFab connectivity.
Uninstalling a game removes all the game files from your device, including any associated configuration files or settings. This ensures that you are starting with a fresh install of the game. Once you uninstalled the game, you can download and reinstall the latest version.
Following the steps in this article will help fix the PlayFab network error in session problem and enable you to continue playing your favorite games.
Remember that the steps in this article are not listed in any particular order, so try as many solutions as possible until you find one that works for you.