Xbox users have been going through problems related to a certain error code 0x80190190. This seems to occur occasionally while they play the Persona 5 games. While this is annoying, it does not crash the game.
The error causes you to keep pressing OK to remove the popup. This can be pretty frustrating. In this guide, we will see how to mitigate this error.
What is error 0x80190190 and what are the causes?
Error 0x80190190 is an error code that comes up when Xbox is attempting to update its system software. When your system tries to make this update, and something happens to prevent it, this error comes up.
The causes of this error can range from one reason to another. They include:
- Network connection problem: An unstable network connection can cause this error. Network connection is primary and, therefore, the key to this operation.
- Wrong registry setting: When the registry settings are done incorrectly, it may affect the update and hence causing the error.
- Malfunctioning Xbox live service: You should expect this error when the Xbox live service is down.
- Virus: Some of the game files might be corrupted, which can cause the error.
- Missing files: When the game files are missing, they can equally result in this Xbox error code 0x80190190.
- Incorrect Xbox network settings: When the system updates console firmware, it might interfere with the network settings.
- Hardware failure: This might be one reason for this error. If the hardware condition is not sound, it can lead to several errors.
Having observed that the causes may range between software and hardware reasons, we will look below for a solution to fix this.
What do I do if I get Xbox error code 0x80190190?
1. Check the internet connection
- Go to your Xbox Home.
- Click on the Settings tab and go to General.
- Under General, click on Network settings to select it.
- When it opens, you will find various tests. Click on Test network connection to check the internet connection.
2. Power cycle and clear your Xbox cache
- Firstly, press and hold your Xbox power button for about 10 seconds to turn off your Xbox.
- After that, remove the power cable from the Xbox to unplug it.
- Allow the power cable to remain unplugged for about 1 minute, then plug it back in.
- When plugged in, press the power button to turn the Xbox back on after another 1 minute.
- This will clear your cache.
3. Delete all saved files
- Go to your Xbox home.
- Then, click to open My games & apps.
- After that, find your game, right-click on it, and click on Manage game and add-ons.
- When it opens, find and click on the Saved data option.
- Then select Delete all.
- After clicking on it, confirm the deletion by clicking Delete from console.
4. Cleat Mac Address
- Go to your Xbox home and find Profile & system.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Under the General tab, click on Network settings to select it.
- On the next display, click on Advanced settings.
- Then choose Alternate MAC address.
- Click on Clear to complete the process accordingly.
- Finally, click on Restart to restart the console.
5. Uninstall and reinstall game
- Firstly, please press on the Xbox button and choose My Games & Apps.
- Then, click the Games option.
- Choose the desired game accordingly, press on the Start button, and select Uninstall.
- After that, return to My Games & Apps, and choose All owned games under Full library.
- Finally, select the uninstalled game and click Install to reinstall.
6. Check for updates to fix Xbox error code 0x80190190
- Firstly, navigate to the System tab in the Settings menu.
- Secondly, click on Console info.
- Here, click on Latest console update status to see if updates exist for the game and install them.
7. Do an internet speed test to fix Xbox error code 0x80190190
- Launch the browser on your computer.
- Open the internet speed test site.
- Click on the Start Speed Test to begin the internet speed test.
- If the internet speed is over 40Mbps, you are good to go.
In all, the Xbox error code 0x80190190 may be frustrating. But they don’t stand a chance when you patiently follow the solutions in this article to the letter. These solutions have been painstakingly researched to help get you back on track.
We recommend that if you still have issues after applying these fixes, there must be a hardware malfunction, and you should see your technician immediately. Do not try to fix hardware by yourself so you don’t damage sensitive components.